Monday, April 18, 2011

Annual Musings

This time of year brings many things: taxes, spring, allergies, longer days filled with warmth.  What also comes this time of year is my birthday.  

I used to be very goal driven but the last 5 years or so I had gotten away from thinking about tomorrow.  This year though, I have been working toward getting back on track.  I have been listening to self-help books on my drive to work.  I find it starts my day off with a positive vibe and gets me revved up for my day. 

Another change this year was buying index cards and writing goals on one side and on the flip side a treat when I achieve that goal.  I would be overwhelmed if posted them all up on my board at the same time, so two go up.  One is typically a more challenged goal and one is a bit easier.   Right now the challenged goal is to pay off a credit card that got away from me.  My treat, when I succeed, will be to start saving for a new walkway between my driveway and front steps.  The easier goal is to eat 4 good dinners a week.  That may not sound like a big deal but as a single person I have been known to have popcorn for dinner. 

I think what I want to work on most this year is to simply be in the moment.  Whatever moment that may be: work, giving the dogs a bath or tweeting with a friend.  Each moment, trial or treat, is a gift that I need to embrace and I am very grateful to all my friends and family for filling my life.

If you have any suggestions on good self-help or sales books to listen/read please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Popcorn for dinner? Geez, Ginny... I'm a single guy and even I don't do that... often. ;)

    I like your index card goal/reward trick. May have to try that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Terry I know! Thanks for commenting:)

    ReplyDelete